The Best Places To Go Pumpkin Picking in Bedfordshire 2022
There are some excellent places to go pumpkin picking in Bedfordshire which is just as well because pumpkin picking has become one of the most popular things to do at Halloween!
Many of these pumpkin patches in Bedfordshire have been getting bigger and better each year to keep up with demand. This is good news for those looking for Halloween days out in Bedfordshire.
Before we list the best places to go pumpkin picking in Bedfordshire this year, here are a few tips and FAQs about picking your own pumpkins.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one and buy something, we may earn a small commission but this is at no extra cost to you.
All your pumpkin picking in Bedfordshire FAQs answered….
- The pumpkins are grown (or are laid out) in fields. If you’re visiting these pumpkin fields on a wet day or it has previously been raining, the pumpkin patches will be muddy. It is best to wear wellies for this family-friendly day out.
- PYO pumpkins come in all shapes and sizes. Some are better for eating than others. You can check this with the farm.
- The majority of farms will sell pumpkins by weight. Check the price per kg before letting the kids choose the largest, heaviest pumpkin!
- Avoid pumpkins with soft spots or cuts as this signals a rotting pumpkin. It won’t last long at all when carved. Pumpkins should be firm.
- Heavier pumpkins mean denser walls which are best for carving.
- Many pumpkin farms have wheelbarrows. If they don’t, you might want to consider taking a sturdy bag. Don’t carry the pumpkin by the stalk as it may snap off and your pumpkin will get damaged.
- Some of the Bedfordshire pumpkin patches will have pumpkin carving facilities onsite but if not, you might want to look at buying one of these pumpkin carving kits.
- See here for more pumpkin picking tips!
Not all of the pick your own Bedfordshire pumpkin patch 2022 dates have been released yet…
Here’s where to pick your own pumpkin in Bedfordshire this year…
The Patch MK
There are over 80,000 pumpkins on offer this year with some fantastic pumpkin displays as well as play areas for the kids.
Where: The Patch MK, Mount Mill Farm, Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire, MK19 6DG.
When: 2nd to 31st October 2021.
Tickets: £1.95 per person (2 and over). Family of 4 – £5.95. Under 2 – FREE.
Secret Pumpkin Farm
This 5 acre pick your own pumpkin patch in Bedfordshire offers more than 25 varieties of pumpkins. There is also an enormous and very spooky looking straw bale maze.
Where: Secret Pumpkin, Andersons Farm & Nursery, Blunham Road, Moggerhanger, Bedfordshire, MK44 3RA.
When: Opens 2nd October 2021.
Tickets: From £2.50 per person.
Mead Open Farm
From haunted houses to Halloween trails (in addition to all the other fun at the farm) – Mead Open Farm is a great place to spend a day out this October Half Term in Bedfordshire.
Where: Mead Open Farm, Billington, Near Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 9JH.
When: 23rd to 31st October 2021.
Tickets: Adult – £16.25, Child – £15.25. Pumpkin included in entry price for each paying child.
For a more traditional Pick Your Own pumpkin experience.
Where: Grove Farm PYO, Great Gap, lvinghoe, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 9DZ.
When: Through October
Tickets: Free entry.
Windy Willows Christmas Tree Yard
Includes a spooky pumpkin trail, bouncy castles and scary slides.
Where: Windy Willows, Sundon Road, Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire, LU5 5NP.
When: 16th to 31st October 2021.
Tickets: Free entry.
If Halloween is nearly over and you are starting to think about Christmas…. we have lots of Christmas posts to help you get into the festive spirit.
You might also like…
If you’re in or near the South East of England, we have loads of posts on Halloween events and places to find the perfect pumpkin!